FO: My First Cushion

I decided to make a cushion to be part of my bedding. I was already attempting to make a throw for use on colder nights, so I elected to use the same yarn for the pillow as well. After searching around on Ravelry I settled on using this cushion pattern to make a cover for a 16 x 16 pillow insert. I used four different colours of Relax yarn from Numei that I bought years ago, perhaps sometime in 2011 or so, so it has some age. The yarn is now discontinued sadly because now that I have begun working with it, it has lived up to my expectations of it.

The pattern was also the first time I did a provisional cast on, did button holes and also sewed on buttons so I gained some new skills as well which is always great.

Admittedly this pattern frustrated me near the end and as I was sewing on the buttons I vowed to never again make this pattern. By the time it was done however, I was rethinking that because I am very happy with how it turn out. Isn't that the way things go?

Here it is:


Comments

Popular Posts