30 Days of November, Day 23: Of Tenacity

These days I have been doing my best to stand up for myself. I find this difficult because I hate confrontation and shy away from dealing with issues. I often feel like I am bothering people when I ask them for something that I am entitled to more than once.

Being ill however, has truly given me a different perspective and highlighted that I am finally learning to advocate for myself. This comes up in my mind because of an issue I am having trouble receiving results from a series of tests I did for a neurosurgeon that I am consulting with to try to get to the bottom of whatever is wrong with my back.

I did a CT Scan on the 25th of September a month and a half plus later  I have yet to receive any word. While my back is not as bad as it was before, it still isn't better. I need to know what if anything, he can tell me to help me fix this problem.

I have called back two times now and I admit that I am really starting to feel frustrated. My Granny says at least I know the results are not very bad because if they were he would get back to me, but still I would like to know what is going on so that I can lay my worry to rest at the very least.

I hope that I can really build up my back bone from incidents like this, so that in the future I am more ready to go to bat for myself. It can not be over-stated how important it is not to simply let go of an issue because it is easier than fighting.

I truly hope that he gets back to me soon and that I can move on to what the next step for mitigating whatever is wrong with my lower back so that avoid another lengthy convalescence. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts