FO: Showing of the Swatches 1

Today, I have to show off several swatches which I have knitted up. This is a great achievement for me because like many new knitters, the thought of swatch making is not a very appetizing one. However after several mishaps and a few disappointments, including a skull-cap which was big enough for only big Bird's head. I gave up my lazy stance and have gone at it with gusto.

So far much to my surprise, I have found that it is not at all tedious and is very rewarding. i touched and examined and finally used yarn from my stash that have sitting lonely with vague promises of one day being used. I have decided to attack my stash, I talked about in my post Stash Boss Battle lvl 100, and this is one of the key steps. Further, if anyone reading this post is interested in getting a few free balls of Ice Cotton Lycra in the colours: White, Baby Blue, Denim Blue, Rose, Burgundy or Baby Pink. Drop me a line on Ravelry.

And to start off my swatch showcase. Here is a the Ice Baby Blue in St St on size 6 needles.

It is a very stretchy yarn good for tube-tops I think because it really bounces back well.
Gauge: 23.5 Stitches x 30 rows = 4" x 4" (un-stretched)

Next in line is Relax yarn. I really adore this yarn! Knitted up on size 6 needles n St.St.

Really smooth with a lovely drape and soft too! Perfect for clothes.
Gauge: 18 Stitches x 24 rows = 4" x 4"



Then we have this colourful wool. Also St. St on size 8 needles.

Not my Favorite but not bad! Gauge: 16 Stitches x 19 rows = 4" x 4"


And lastly. Spray yarn from Berlini also on size 8 in you guessed it St. St. I'm knitting up a Pinwheel Baby Blanket in this yarn. So soft!

Oh so soft! Love it! Guage: 14 Stitches x 19 rows = 4" x 4"



Don't forget drop my a line at sadodosah on ravelry if you would like some of the stretching yarn. Take care and see you on Wednesday.

Comments

Popular Posts