30 Days of November, Day 27: Of Study Plans



As you may have realized if you have been following along with my ramblings over the last few weeks, I am deep in the planning stages for 2018. While most of my planning in the beginning was financial, when I received my copy of 2018 My Shining Year, Life edition, this branched out into more general planning.

The book wanders through all areas of life from family, to creativity, spirituality and also learning. I have used this workbook for three years going now and I also struggle with the same sections. Family is one of them, and learning is another. Although I feel like I should  be applying myself to learn something academic, I struggle to come up with anything, and even if I do start something on Coursera I fizzle out after a few weeks. 

I want this year to be different and so I have decided to be very purposeful and dedicated to this task. I have managed to identify four major areas of study which I will detail below:

a) Chartered Finance Analyst Institutes - Investment Foundations Program

I have been interested in finance for a while, and this is a way to see if I would be interested in becoming a financial analyst. This course is free but you can pay 250 US to take the exam. If I end up being interested in the material, I may go forward and take the exam.

b) Air Traffic Services Refresher Course

This is a self-guided study I plan to put together to refresh myself on the relevant procedures with in the air Traffic manual that governs my day to day work. This will be of great benefit to me in many ways but will also help me to be of use to others that I am working with.

c) Trading on the Stock Market

I recently opened a trading account and I am overwhelmed by the information presented. One way to combat this is by setting aside some time to learn the ins and out of the industry, the risks and the rewards and seeing what if anything I can apply to my investment strategy. My uncle has offered me some study materials to help with this, so I will get started soon.

d) Bible Study

I plan to read through the entire Bible over the course of the year, as well as go through several Bible commentaries to help as well.

Gosh that seems like a lot! But I believe that I can do it once I make a study plan and stick to it. I will report on how I am doing, on this and other goals through the next year.

That's all for now, I hope you all have a wonderful week.

Comments

Popular Posts