30 Days of November, Day 19: Of Crafted Things 2

Hi there, it is time to do another update on how my crafting is going. This week seemed to have fly by, but I made sure that I made some time to knit and weave. I have felt really thoughtful this week, so it was actually really nice to unwind and rest my mind as I worked on my projects.

Now let's take a look at my knitting. My Vinegar scarf, pattern Potato Chips, is still going very well. It is growing steadily and is really starting to show its style.



I am finding that I am able to knit for longer than before but I don't want to get to over optimistic and overdo it. It would be lovely however to know that I can take on more complex projects in the future and really use up some yarn that may be less suitable for weaving.

And speaking of weaving I am on the last multi-colored band of Beans, before I start hem-stitching. The race is on to see if the section will reach 24 inches before it runs out. Here is where I am at right now. I am really in love with this yarn, it is so pretty.




Since I am at the end of this one, I have in earnest set my mind to selecting yarns for my next project. As I have suggested prior I was looking for a neutral but strong yarn to show off the colours of my mini-skeins. Here is what I have found so far.



On the right is Relax cotton, it is about fingering weight and a kind of sand colour. To the left is a generic acrylic which is off-white. It is about sports weight. I may do a small sample of each and see how I like it.

The mini-skeins I will be using will come from the below batch.



All right, that's all for now I think. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Comments

Popular Posts