My neck, my ankle, my crockpot

I made pact with myself that December would be a month of reflection and rest. The universe then conspired to help me out with this as I ended up with a neck spasm which caused me to have to slow right down. I am happy to report that it is on the mend.

Lots good things happened in the month as well, and I continue to make a point of looking out for everything in my life that I am grateful for. Giving thanks for my blessing has helped me to stave off being grumpy and down when hurdles come my way.

Being back to regular knitting has added moments of peaceful joy back into my life. I am also still colouring and reading. Stepping away from being ultra connected and slowing down to enjoy the more mundane pursuits has netted me a lot of contentment.

And speaking of contentment I am finding that it is pretty hard to settle into a space where you realise that life is balanced after spending a year implementing so many changes. I am getting the hang of it and doing my best to enjoy it.

Another thing I am grateful for is that I am back to writing regularly. I now post on my other blog three times a week, and I am trying to post here at least twice a week. In addition to that I am writing a thousand words a day in my novel.

My life feels bursting at the seams, but I am not feeling stressed. This is a good thing and I hope that it continues.

My finances are ticking along and I continue to focus on my wealth and not on my worries. I am very happy that I have invested so much time on my budgeting because being adequately prepared for life's ups and downs makes it all the more easier to fall into contentment and stay there.

My barrel from my Granny came and in it there was a crock-pot. It is on right now and I am hoping that it all goes well. I am attempting a beef and broccoli recipe which is supposed to mimic take-out. I'll report back on how it went.
I am still working on my diet and hoping to find a happy nutritional balance.

The barrel also had in my new pair of shiny clogs! However the height of the heel is aggravating my ankle and so that is that. I am still on the hunt for work shoes.

I have organized all of my yarn and I feel much better about it now. I trashed the novelty yarn that I have had since I started knitting back in 2010, and have large set of it to donate/gift to my friends. I have organized my Ravelry queue and the stash as best as I could and I feel ready to be really productive.

It is true that sometimes we need to take a step back, to take a giant leap forward. This sums up my experience this year.

Comments

Popular Posts