My First Digital Sabbath

Yesterday was my  Digital Sabbath during which I did not use my laptop, cell phone or kindle. I came across this idea from Hestia's Larder.

I prepared for it by writing and scheduling my NaBloPoMo post the day before.  I also came up with a list of things to do on the day, just in case I felt bored.

I rested well, sleeping off the effects of my graveyard shift from the night before and I also went to bed quite early that night.

The list was unnecessary as I easily moved from one activity to the next. I spent time whipping up pumpkin soup, reading twelve chapters of Pride and Prejudice, knitting a few rows of the neglected Left-over scarf, taking a short walk, yoga, meditation and journalling.

I finally got around to using a book on how to draw fashion models and  finishing up my landscape:

A Bookmark





I worried a few times that I was missing out by not having myself plugged into the internet. This morning however, it took only ten minutes to get caught up. Imagine that...

Giving that this Sabbath was such a success, from now on, I will repeat this at least once a week, the morning after my graveyard shift.

That is all for now, take care until next time.

Comments

  1. I love this! I do it too. Sometimes for a day or a week; it's really good to unplug sometimes. Does wonders for a body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does. I am so ready for another one. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts