Sunday, August 7, 2011

Reflections

It seems to be just yesterday that I started this journey in blogging but it has been a month. Not a long time for some but for me a notable mile-stone.

My ups and downs in this period make yesterday feel like a lifetime; I have progressed in knitting; I have learnt how to knit a hat, I have done a baby blanket and a baby hat and have learnt about a provisional cast on and the horse-shoe lace pattern.

Participated in my first yarn swap and eagerly await the results. I have looked at my stash with new eyes and felt despair and consternation. I have literally squealed in delight over yarn  that I purchased online and challenged myself to the point where I didn't want to see my knitting needles anymore.

I recaptured some of my enthusiasm but going back to a tried and true favorite and joined a knitting community that brought me closer to others while managing to make me feel even farther away from my goal.

This month has taught me that I am willing to persevere if I can see a result in my struggle, but I remain daunted by finger-less gloves. I would welcome a return to innocence when even making on stitch without all the other slipping off the needle was triumph enough even as I revel in the completion in complex endeavors.

I ask myself if I want to continue blogging despite the way how it has expanded and corralled my horizons and expectations respectively, even, the answer is yes.

3 comments:

  1. Blogging has really helped me with my knitting ... and Ravelry, too. If ever I've been stuck with a procedure (such as p2tog tbl, or how to read a lace chart), I always get assistance within an hour of asking! Posting pictures of my knitting and getting compliments or suggestions really makes it fun, too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth, I appreciate your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, blogging and connecting on Ravelry really gives me the encouragement and motivation I need to continue! Especially when you want something to share on WIPW or FOF, you're more likely to work on/finish projects that would otherwise sit around (I'm a starter, not a finisher!) So you keep blogging, we'll keep reading ;) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete