Sunday, July 10, 2011

Salt Scrub Experiment

Hi there. I recently decided that I loved the sound of Dead Sea Salt bars. At first I was rearing to go and buy them up from every available source and then I rescinded that and decided to get an ex-foliating Soap cozy made by my best friend (see below) and buy salt scrub for myself to apply.

Then I further re-thought that and decided I would purchase dead-sea salt and try to make my own scrub. Yes that was the plan...

Then today as I ground Sea-salt into my chicken soup I had one of those...I wonder moments. Sure, Dead Sea salt is fancy and everything but isn't this sea salt too? I looked up a recipe on ehow.com but honestly I ignored it for the most part. But I'll post it anyhow in case you all have more recipe following patience than me. You can find that here.

I was off like a flash into the pantry where I unearthed: -

Sugar
Vanilla, Mixed essence
Sunflower

   

                     All to pair with the:


 Sea-Salt
                
                     Then they all went into this little dish!


Into my little dish

                     Then a good set of arm movement!


Stir Stir Stir




 It was smelling yummy and seemed to be okay... I had no idea what I was doing but I had fun. Into the bath I went armed with my scrub and my Soap Cozy filled with Imperial Leather!



Here it is!

A few minutes later, emerging clean and smooth I had a few thoughts and plans.

1) Less Oil, More salt. I was suffering from the ache of grinding but my ratio was way off

2) In aid of the above, perhaps some store-bought ready-ground sea salt.

3) Might be quirky but I live really close to the sea, thinking of catching some water and letting it dry out. Might not yield a lot but worth a try!

4) Bath then Salt scrub and then a light soap down. It cuts the greasiness and acts like a buff.

5) I will be doing this again!

I had so much fun, I simply can't explain it. I also have thoughts of melting down a bar of Imperial Leather, stirring in the salt and oil and letting it reset. Sounds messy and fun! Looking forward to further bath adventures!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had lots of fun :) I made soap with salt included, to make it scrubby, it works quite well. Also, doing a similar thing with oats makes a very nourishing scrub ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! Cute scrubby, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. muuuuhhahahahaha.....now I have a scientific experiment for myself to preform

    ReplyDelete